Saturday, February 20, 2010

H&M: A great shopping destination.

It was when I first moved to Chicago for graduate school is when I discovered H&M-a fashion retail store that hails from Sweden. This store has locations all over the world and features fashion that has a global sense to them as well. I went to school just right across the street from this store and usually after class I would just step on over and shop for outfits that I would plan out for the weekends in the city. As I said before,I was a grad student so that meant I couldn't exactly shop at its fellow neighbor Chanel or Gucci or any of those high end stores you would find on Michigan Ave.

H&M always rotates their storefronts and their layouts of the store as well,giving it a fresh new look each time. Some designers even have sold some of their items here such as Roberto Cavalli,Madonna,and now Parisian Sonia Rykiel,which just started featuring her clothing line today. The store on Michigan Ave. here in Chicago is three stories high,and has clothes for Men,Women,and children as well. Accessories can be found here ranging from costume jewlry to scarves to purses. I especially love their "Divided" line which provides comfortable,affordable,and stylish items.  And yes, the clothes are of good quality and last.

One thing I should forewarn people should they ever decide to come to this store:Saturdays are crazy busy because of all the tourists that come for the shopping on Michigan Ave. The best time to come here to shop is on a Sunday or even during the week. I don't know about you but I hate crowds when I go shopping. I like to take my time and stroll through,looking at different pieces in a relaxed atmosphere without being bumped into or wait in long lines at the fitting rooms.

I have to say ever since I moved to Chicago I also gained a great interest and appreciation for fashion. Where I come from,people don't dress as individuals but more like cookie cutter so they can blend in. No one takes risks and if you did it would just be thought of as odd or off the wall. But here,I noticed that fashion is taken on another level-it may not be Paris or NYC but Chicago definitely has style here. The numerous boutiques that are available at your fingertips is great and the shopping is extraordinary. Another reason why I love living here.

1 comment:

  1. I love to see you're still writing Dijana!! And I love H&M too!

    ReplyDelete