Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

As you know, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Some people gag over the holiday saying that it's a hallmark holiday pretty much. And others feel that you should make your significant other feel like it is Valentine's Day the rest of the year also and not just on February 14th.

For me,it means a lot this year more than others because it will be my first Valentine with my fiance. However,he makes me feel like it's Valentine's Day pretty much all the time. So in this case, Valentine's Day will be a day where we take a break from our busy schedule to do something for us besides running errands all the time(actually we are helping someone move that day also!). Ever since I got engaged, it has been nothing but busy,even if we go for a coffee run or a walk it usually does not last that long because there was always work to be done. This time, we will actually sit, not have to cook,and enjoy each other's company in a romantic setting(or in a fun setting,haven't decided yet,but it will definitely be something on the Northside of Chicago).

For those who are single? One idea I have in mind when I was single and in college was I got together with my roomates, all girls, and ordered in Italian and watched "The Godfather" that turned out to be really fun.Valentine's Day can be applied in many ways-remember as we were kids we would give out those cut out Valentine Day Cards to your classmates whether it was our friends,that boy that used to tease us,or our teacher? So be creative and do something special that does not require a significant other in order to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment