Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Letting go was hard to do,but I had to do it.

We are now in June. This month has just begun and already I know I will be busy,as I mentioned in my last post. I managed to clean out my old room at my parents house and donated two bags worth of clothes to the less fortunate. Rummaging through my closet and drawers brought back memories of the days where I hit up downtown and also all the major events that I attended. It felt good to clean all of that out because it brought back a sense of renewal,a sense of starting out new,even though I went through major changes already over the past year. However, throwing out all the things that I did not need anymore also gave me a sense letting go of the past and moving on with the future. Also,throwing out my old stuff was the remainder of all the things that I let go of over the past year,which included people that were toxic in my life.

Soon it will be July and I hope to not be as busy and start hitting up the beach. I live next to the lake now and will go whenever the weather is warm,but the real action is North Ave beach where all the youngsters hang out,play volleyball,and listen to live 80s music. Also,catch up with some friends that I haven't had time to meet up with is something I want to put on my to do list.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to clean out the clutter from time time...as the old saying goes, "Out with the old and in with the new".
    Keep moving forward!!!!!

    ReplyDelete