Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Healthy Living Series 2011

So after that not so successful attempt to do the Dukan Diet, I decided to get fit and in shape the old fashion way: eat healthy and exercise. The weather in Chicago has finally stabilized so I have kickstarted my diet and work-out routine. It's not a bad idea to journal about it so I was thinking I can write my experiences on my own blog.

First off, I signed up for weekly Zumba classes that so happened to be walking distance to my place which is a bonus. So I do this for 60 minutes a week, I signed up for 5 classes total.

In addition, I have downloaded the couch-2-5k program on my ipod and I am now also running three times a week. I love this program because it starts you off slowly and there is a coach that guides you how long to run for between walking. Every week the program is longer and longer until you reach week 10 where you are supposed to be able to run non-stop for 30 minutes. And the music is great-house music!

I try to make my weekly grocery trips to Whole Foods so I can pick up fresh organic fruits and vegetables. I am trying to get creative with my meals such as cucumber and hummus wraps, different salads, lean meats,etc. If I do crave pizza, which is my favorite, it's usually a thin crust variety with fresh vegetables and mozzarella.

I haven't weighed myself yet so I will have to keep at it and then see my results.

I'll keep you posted and stay tuned for my next post on my progress. I don't have a whole lot to lose but I  do need to shake off this winter weight I still have.

No comments:

Post a Comment