Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Eve-do you know what you are doing?


So here it is, New Year's eve is tomarrow and soon we will be on our way to 2009-how are you bringing in the New Year? I,for one will not be donning a fancy dress and going to a hotel or banquet hall, since I need to save up for the ultimate fancy dress and hall this coming summer. So I will be handing over my penny and hop on the redline to downtown. I will probably grab a bite to eat first at Giordano's for some deep dish pizza, a must if you are ever in town or if you got out of town guests you need to feed. Then I will be heading on over to Grant Park,where they will be having music starting at 10pm and fireworks at midnight. It's an easy way to ring in the New Year without breaking the bank. Over the years however,I did splurge on these two places and will give you my review on them:

Go to Soundbar if you are still looking for a place to celebrate-by now you are probably only going to get tickets that are $100 and up,but their buffet and drink package is actually pretty good. I had so much fun when I went back here a few years ago. I also went to the Palmer House Hilton which was a nice setting,but you waited forever for a drink and the buffet was merely cheese and crackers-not worth the $200 if you ask me. I may try the W Hotel next year as I hear it is one of the nicest place to celebrate if you want to do the hotel thing.

Navy Pier is also having something going on,they are having a formal event there but if you choose not to go you can always still check out their firework display,and the restaurants should still be open,a great place if you want to mingle with people.

Whatever you do,have fun and remember it's who you are with,and not the venue. Stay safe and if you happen to be in the city,take a cab or public transportation-it's only a penny if you ride it tomarrow! Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment