Monday, March 9, 2009

I am not going anywhere-really I am not...

So yesterday I finally was able to meet up with one of my girlfriends and her fiance after playing "phone tag" and what not. Since I got engaged my life has gotten pretty hectic and as we get older it just seems that we would almost have to plan way in advance in order to meet up with friends we haven't seen in a long time. Also with this economy and trying to save up for my big destination wedding this summer I had to also pass up many invites. For the most part my friends,who are also busy bees themselves, accept the fact that I can't come to every outing or event but I too, also understand that there are times where they can not make it out either. No hard feelings right?

I have(or had not sure yet) this one particular friend, "Kim" we will call her, who was really busy last year with her wedding planning and I was cool with it. She skipped out on many invites at that time and I even recall one time when we were planning out a night on the town where she never even called me to say until the next day that she stayed in to watch a tennis tournament. I forgave her no big deal.Whatever.

Friday was one of my days off from work and me and my fiance decided since it was a nice day to take a nice long walk through the city. I was on my way to Barney's New York buying a face wash from Khiel's when I get a text from Kim asking me to stop on by her place. I live on the Northside of Chicago and I was downtown and took the El train,so by the time I was going to go back to my apartment and drive to her place, I would have to turn around and come back because I had to get up really early to take care of some things in Indiana. Kim lives in a Chicago suburb a good 45 minutes to an hour from where I live. I let her know, however, that we were meeting up this past Sunday for dinner and catch up and it would be better if we see each other then.

Unfortunately, "Kim" didn't feel that way. So she text me back saying "if you don't want to be my friend, say it to my face."

Huh?

I text her back telling her that I didn't understand. If I didn't wanted to be her friend why would I invite her out? In fact,why would I even be associating with you at all? I don't know about you, if I don't want to be someone's friend,I just plain don't deal with them. Period.

She then proceeded to tell me that she has invited me several times to her place-if you don't know the Chicago winters right now,you would know that the winter here was so bad that I pretty much layed low,and I told her that,and I told her that once I am ready I can stop by, just not now.

Well this was going back and forth and then after I invited her one more time, it was then when she stopped responding all together.

At this point I am thinking "why do I even bother?"

Honestly if she was truly my friend,she would have understood, me and my other friends have a mutual understanding that we can get extremely busy nowadays and should not take it personal if we decline any invites or outings we may present. Don't take it personally if someone is unable to meet up with you from time to time. It's not you. Trust me. And if they can't accept that then I guess they were not your friend to begin with. I was thinking my other friends and I tend to bail out on invites and what not and we are cool with it-why is she not?

So that was my rant for the weekend. Other than that I had a great weekend, four days off- who can complain? On top of that I got some great Puma leather sneakers with rhinestones that I can't wait to sport this Spring :-) .

No comments:

Post a Comment