Saturday, May 12, 2012

Play dates in the city-do they exist? And can I keep my coffee dates?


 As I get closer and closer to becoming a mom, I have already thought about what life is going to be like having a child. One of the many things I have been pondering about is whether or not it will be difficult to meet other parents who have children in the city.

 I can imagine living in the suburbs how easy it can be because majority of couples who have children live out there. As far as the city goes, it can pose a challenge. I dearly love my friends who don't have children in the picture or even marriage on the horizon and I will continue to keep in touch with them. I do know that a lot of times, people's relationships change once they have kids, but I really hope that won't be the case with me, and that I can continue to have a variety of friendships. But I do know that meeting other couples with kids would be beneficial as I can bond with other parents who are either going through the same thing I will be going through or have already been there and can relate to me.

There are some parenting groups that I have seen here and there in Chicago, so I will just have to explore them and see if they are worth checking out. I do know a couple mothers that have already offered to hang out once I get established in the future so I will just have to see how that will go, it's a good start.

If you know of any great Chicago parent groups or organizations let me know in the comments section!

And Happy Mother's Day for those who are already mamas!


No comments:

Post a Comment