Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wedding Dress Shopping

So today I went to Schaumburg to Demetrios, a bridal salon and got started trying on wedding dresses. I have been engaged since August but really,I was SO busy that I really did not have the time to go right away. I don't know how some girls literally jump the next day and start looking for dresses when their weddings are so far away. My assistant, a really nice girl named Mandi, told me that I am at a perfect time to start looking,considering my wedding is this midsummer.

My experience for the first time was not so bad but let me tell you, it's kind of not cool that you MUST make an appointment to try on these dresses-I just want to get in and get out. It was nice that I had my own assistant to help me with the dresses and all but I don't know,the dresses were pretty heavy to try on your own. Oh, and I had only an hour limit to try on the dresses, I don't know how the other boutiques are but at Demetrios, if you are coming during a weekend, they only give you "an hour" to try on the dresses because they get a lot of customers. If you go during the week, they said they can spend more time helping you out choosing a dress.

Demetrios though will cost you. A lot. And honestly, I have seen dresses that cost way less and just as good. So the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment